So at the half way point of the weekly walking challenge that we have set for ourselves today, think to yourself if you are happy with your progress, and what will you achieve for both a) the rest of the week and b) next week.
The general recommendation by the American Cancer Society and American College of Sports Medicine is 150 minutes/week – so 30 mins x 5 days a week is common.
Can you make time to go for 2x walks over the weekend?
Here are some handy tips:
* plan the day before for when you will exercise
* go for morning walks, to avoid procrastination of leaving it until the afternoon
* take a friend/family member with and make it social
* get a pedometer and measure step count (aiming for 10,000 steps/day)
* get on/off the bus 2-3 stops early and walk to the stop
Keep a tally of how many minutes you achieve each session and per week, write it on a piece of paper and stick it on the fridge as a reminder/motivator. Every week your goal is to maintain or increase the amount.
You can do it! Get out there, feel good, be strong, live life, be empowered, be positive!
Your Exercise Physiologist,